iMedia was thrilled to learn that the Houston Grand Opera (HGO) website
was named one of the five finalists for the 2012 Ektron Site of the year
Chosen from a field of nearly 50 nominees, the Ektron 2012 Site of the Year finalists were selected based on each organization’s use of Ektron to create, deploy, and manage unique websites that advance their business goals.
The Ektron judges considered such factors as multichannel delivery to devices and channels; integration with third-party applications such as databases, web analytics tools and marketing automation systems; design approach including the use of modern techniques like responsive design and frameworks like Bootstrap and Modernizr; business value and overall visitor experience.
Among the reasons the Houston Grand Opera site was singled out for this distinct honor:
- Attention to the social experience:
- We provided ample opportunities for HGO visitors to hook into various social media channels, particularly through the commerce experience.
- HGO uses the Good Influence social media plug in for the performing arts, which allows organizations to leverage the influence their constituents have on each other to drive ticket sales, donations and more. With this plug-in, they can also track the impact their supporters and patrons are having in real-time.
- HGO was able to personalize the social experience depending on which section/page of the site the users were on.
- We utilized Ektron blog functionality to create a seamless blog for HGO.
- Seamless integration with third party customer databases, web analytics tools, and marketing automation systems, including, of course, the Tessitura Software for ticketing and account management as well as MoGo Interactive for marketing and BoldChat.
- Answering the need to create three distinctly branded websites within the same content management framework, distributing content so the marketing staff can reuse content efficiently and easily:
- Our use of eSync to make updates from stage to production manageable for a non-technical maintenance staff.
- Widespread usage of Ektron PageBuilder, including the development of a wide variety of widgets utilizing smartforms to display data and control business rules.
iMedia provided HGO with clear business value, and Greg Robertson, HGO’s Chief Advancement Officer, had this to say about the site:
There is no question that our new site, developed with iMedia, has increased our online sales. We’ve seen a consistent 20% increase in the number of online single ticket transactions vs. last year. Patrons have been very complimentary not only of the way the site looks, but in the ease of navigability and function.
Read the Houston Grand Opera case study
to learn more about this project.
See the Ektron 2012 Site of the Year page
to learn more about the five finalists. In addition, help iMedia win by letting the judges know you think HGO is the best site of the year: Tweet This! @HouGrandOpera is my pick for Ektron 2012 Site of the Year!