The month of October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This is an annual effort to build awareness about breast cancer in order to one day find the cure. If you are looking for a way to join the fight against breast cancer, Susan G. Komen provides a number of ways for people to get involved on both a large and small scale.
This year, Komen launched the More Than Pink movement. Pink is more than just a color; it represents the impact that each person is making in the fight against the most frequently diagnosed cancer worldwide. More Than Pink is about taking the extra step to make a bigger and bolder impact.
Below are just a few of the ways you can participate and be More Than Pink:
Donate today to help Susan G. Komen carry out their mission of saving lives and ending breast cancer forever.
There are various ways to donate to Komen and the More Than Pink movement. Some include:
- Make an impact with a gifted donation in honor or in memory of a loved one. Remember that every dollar counts and Komen’s mission is made possible by the support of their donors.
- Get creative and fundraise with Komen’s DIY fundraising project. Create your own More Than Pink project with your family and friends and help to raise money in your own way. Get inspired today!
2. Support our Corporate Sponsors
Komen has a number of corporate sponsors that are dedicated to the fight against breast cancer. Their generous efforts allow you to get involved with some of your favorite brands and organizations while helping Komen’s mission and the fight against breast cancer. Discover how you can team up with:
- WWE– More Than Pink events and apparel
- American Airlines– Miles for the Cure
- New Balance– Lace Up for the Cure
- KitchenAid– Cook for the Cure, Presented by KitchenAid
- And many more
Join the community as you learn the latest facts and statistics on Susan G. Komen’s research and Bold Goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths in the U.S. by 50 percent within the next decade. Komen encourages everyone to be proactive and equip themselves with the knowledge necessary to recognize breast cancer risk factors and warning signs. They also promote taking action by scheduling your annual mammogram, and encouraging the women around you to do so as well.
4. Get Involved
There is a way to get involved for every level of participation. Every step, every dollar, and every voice matters. Join in the fight against breast cancer and find your local affiliate today! Two popular ways to get involved are joining the 3-Day Walk or Komen’s Race for the Cure.
- The 3-Day
- The Susan G. Komen 3-Day is a 3-day, 60-mile walk with the goal of ending breast cancer forever. Within the last 13 years since it began, Komen has raised more than $800 million for breast cancer research. Take this journey and make a difference by honoring family members, friends, or celebrating yourself as a survivor. Find out where the next 3-Day walk is by clicking here.
- Race for the Cure
- Susan G. Komen’s Race for the Cure is a 5k run and fitness walk to raise awareness and funds for the fight against breast cancer. Be a part of the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer, with more than 150 races across the world. Find the race closest to you and be More Than Pink by joining today!
Give a gift to someone you love or show your support as a breast cancer awareness advocate by shopping at ShopKomen.com. It is a great way to not only donate to Susan G. Komen, but proudly display that you are joining in the fight against breast cancer.
There is a wide variety of products to choose from, including:
- Fundraising supplies
- Bed and Bath wear
- Educational Material
- And much more
Together we can collectively work to help Komen reach their Bold Goal!