One of, if not the biggest news heading into IRCE in a couple weeks is the fact that Adobe has acquired Magento. The recent ecommerce platform acquisition is certainly disruptive for the SaaS based ecommerce space. Adobe offers enterprise class content management solutions that are powerful but come with a significant complexity in setting up and building.
We’ve seen a trend in the ecommerce space where Magento is also viewed as powerful, but costly to run, maintain and to setup. Those retailers who were previously considering a migration away from Magento may now have a few new reasons. Uncertainty and the potential for additional complexity.
So, what happens to those customers and mid-market e-tailers looking for the best, easy-to-use and maintain ecommerce solution?
Here at iMedia, we continue to see the most value in BigCommerce as a SaaS based ecommerce platform. Besides being lighting fast, and extremely easy to setup, scale and integrate into ANY platform, BigCommerce is the only market-leading, independent ecommerce platform available. BigCommerce offers:
- Go to market 50% faster with industry leading BigCommerce. From contract to live in under 4 weeks.
- Create a fully customized, responsive store that speaks to your customers and showcases your products for ¼ of the price of Magento.
- BigCommerce does not have hosting, server maintenance or equipment costs.
- No installation or integration fees and no downtime with each upgrade, in comparison to on-premise Magento.
- A true SaaS platform, delivering unlimited scalability, automatic upgrades and guaranteed PCI compliance.
- Offers industry leading uptime, page load speed and site security.
It’s time to migrate off Magento and leverage BigCommerce’s customizable e-commerce platform ideal for B2C and B2B selling. Contact us today to learn more and get started!